Hurricane Irma Quick Tip: If You Had Water Damage In Your Home

Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp LinkedIn

Hurricane Irma Quick Tip:
When your insurance company asks you what happened in your house or commercial property, don’t use the word “flood” to describe how the damage occurred.  Why?  Most homeowner and commercial property insurance policies exclude coverage for damage caused by flooding.  While the policies coverage damage caused by water, they often do not cover damage caused by flood water.
So, for example, if a pipe breaks in your house causing water to cover the floor and damage your property, it is not a flood, and you should not call it one.  How you describe the cause of your damages could have a big impact on whether your insurance company covers or tries to deny your claim.  You should just describe the damage, and allow the insurance company to inspect and reach their own conclusions. 
To learn more about Wites Law Firm’s Insurance Claims Team please visit our Insurance Attorney page.

If You Need Help With Your Homeowner Insurance Claim, Call Us For A Free, No-Obligation Consultation At:


Cryptsy Collection Efforts Continue with Court Victories
When Do You Have To Report Property Damage To Your Insurance Company?


    Marc A Wites
    Marc A. Wites is the founding shareholder of Wites & Rogers. He directs the firm’s litigation practice groups for personal injury and wrongful death cases, class actions, property insurance claims, sexual assault, and investment fraud.

    If We Don’t Win,
    You Don’t Pay Us!

    We use our experience, skill, resources and dedication to obtain the best possible results for our clients in Florida and throughout the country.



    If We Don’t Win, You Don’t Pay Us!

    CALL 866-277-8631

    Our consultation is FREE.
    If we accept your case, we will prosecute your case on a pure contingency-fee basis, which means that you will not be obligated to pay us any attorney’s fees or reimburse us for the costs incurred in your case unless we obtain money for you.